Tropical Advisories from Weather Underground

Sunday, November 18, 2007

A visit to see my friend's new baby

Well our friends son and daughter-in-law just had their first baby boy!


It was a long few days for them. She went into labor on a Wednesday night around 10pm. On November 7, 2007. They went to the hospital right away that night in Corozal Town. Our friend Mr. Reuben came here early on Thursday after work because he was going to take John somewhere that day. He called his house and got no answer. So he went home to check. Later that day we got a nervous visit from the expectant father. It seems fathers are not allowed in the room for very long. He told us she had not had the baby yet. The next day came and they still had no baby. Then on Friday evening they went to Orange walk, where she had surgery to deliver the baby. So the baby was born on Saturday, 11-9-07. They have a beautiful baby boy.

I wanted to go visit and say congratulations on their baby. So I asked if it would be ok if she had visitors. I went about a week after the baby was born.

I went on the little green bus, which costs (right now) $1.50 belize. I went on my own on Friday. It is a short ride to our friends house. It is not far. I got off a little after their house because the bus driver didn't see or hear me say to stop. So I had to say stop a little bit louder. So he stopped just a tiny bit after their house.

They were expecting me. It was nice there. The new mother was sitting outside with her son. I looked at him and told her he was beautiful. Miss Donatila came up to me and hugged me and picked up the baby and gave him to me. I was so thrilled to hold him. I asked his name and they told me that they haven't picked one out yet. I smiled. They want a great name for him. So they are taking their time picking one.



Miss Donatila's daughter was there as well so I also got to hold another baby boy. I just love babies.




I had a nice time there. They fed me, and of course it was very tasty. They made beans and rice with sausage in it.

Around 3 pm. I caught a taxi back home. When Chris came home from school that day he was a bit disappointed because I went without him.

No comments: