Tropical Advisories from Weather Underground

Friday, May 29, 2009

16 May

It is Saturday. Enormous progress has been made and the work week is six days long here.

Pictures follow:







The Boss inspects the progress.


Saturday night recreation:





This would turn out to be a fateful board game session.

I have noticed that life seems to alternate between action and rest, progress and delay. The previous week had been filled with action and progress. However by the end of the week, the generator was not running well. I think it is out of tune, or a low oil sensor has lost its mind and thinks there is insufficient oil. This troubled me greatly, but not for the obvious reasons. I can fix the generator eventually but for now I just got another one.

What troubled me was that it seemed a foreshadowing of the beginning of some sort of period of troubles. As the game progressed with happy shouts at the twists and turns of the game, I presumed the troubles would be mine, that they would be frustrating and perhaps expensive, but solvable. It would turn out that I was wrong.

No comments: