Tropical Advisories from Weather Underground

Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Festival On My Birthday!







My birthday was on April 7th. And when I found out that Corozal Town was having a festival on the day of my birthday, I was so excited. So we decided that we would go to the festival.

On the 7th of April I got up around 9:00 a.m., got ready to start the day. So a little later Johnny and I started to walk to see if the festival had started. I met 2 gringos on our street and chatted with them for a little while. Johnny told me that we chatted for about 45 minutes. So then Johnny and I headed down by the ocean where the festival was going to be. They were just starting to set up, so we came back home. We waited till Christopher was finished getting ready and a little later the 3 of us walked back.

It was mostly just vendors selling food. There was allot of barbecued chicken. However, there was a big cement circle where there was a DJ and a sound system. He was playing some music. There were a few booths where one can buy a raffle for an item and if yours is picked you win that item. We walked for a little bit, enjoyed the ocean, watched all the children swimming in the ocean. Then we got hungry and decided to come back home and make some food.

Later that evening my family decided to treat me to pizza. So we walked to the pizza restaurant and ordered an extra large pizza with pepperoni. We decided to wait on the drinks. We could get them at the chinese store for a little cheaper. So after we were finished eating the wonderful tasting pizza, we took a stroll along the ocean. We stopped by the festival and then we came home. A little later we went to the chinese store and got some pop and cookies. We didn't eat the cookies while drinking the pop. That would not taste good to me. I ate the cookies later that night.

We were told that later around 10:00p.m., there would be dancing. But we were a bit tired so we didn't go back. I hope that next time we do.

I had a very nice birthday. And it was neat that there was a festival on my birthday. How many people can say that there was a festival on their birthday.

I took a few pictures of that day, they are not very good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca! Was the festival related to Easter? If not, what were they celebrating? How do they celebrate Easter in Belize? Do they have rabbits there? Colored eggs? Ham?

Anonymous said...

Dear Rebecca,
I am, as always, eagerly awaiting
your blogs. Now that we have been
there, the pictures mean so much
more. Yes, it was nice that the
festival was on your birthday. Wish
I could have been there with you.
Love, Mom