Tropical Advisories from Weather Underground

Friday, June 06, 2008

What I did on Mother's Day

A little late, but I wanted to write an article on what I did for mothers day this year.

It was around 3 p.m. and our friends came to pick us up for a mothers day celebration, but they were not sure where it was so they drove around town to find out what was going on. They found that the radio station here, was celebrating mothers day. It was a bit confusing because the whole thing was in Spanish and I don't speak, nor do I understand Spanish.




Here are 2 pictures of the Mariachi band, they played a few songs. They also had a few people read a poem that they wrote to their mother. There was a little group of girls that did a dance. They also had a group of girls and boys do a dance. There was a man who sung a song and played the guitar. And throughout the day people would come up and wish their mother a happy mothers day. This was all heard on the radio station. Also it was video taped.


Here is a group of children from a village doing a dance. They were to cute.

There were gift wrapped presents for the mothers. So they had little games where each little game or contest a different group of mothers got up in the front to try to win a prize. Lets see, they had a fastest water melon contest. (that was messy) They had an fastest egg in spoon walking contest. There was one where they had a group of mothers sit in chairs and another group of mothers, with a balloon, had to pop it by sitting on the mother in the chair's lap.
And of course there were lots of dancing contests. They also did a musical chairs contest. That is where they played music and had one less chair than mothers and the one without a chair at the end of the song lost.


The radio station was very nice and gave out prizes to even the mothers who lost.

It was a fun but long day. To be honest though it was at times a bit boring because I don't know Spanish so I couldn't follow what was going on. I was also a bit sad at some point because remembering my mom made me sad and I miss her.

But all in all it was a nice mother's day even if I didn't win any prizes.




No comments: